Your Desires or His?
James 4:3 “You ask, and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, in order that you may spend on your lusts.”
- Have you been expecting the blessings of YHVH (the LORD) but haven’t sincerely endeavored to know Him?
- Do you come to Him in prayer to fulfill your requests without even giving thought to His desires?
- Whenever you pray do you usually complain, whine and beg for YHVH to change your unpleasant circumstances?
- Do you see Him as this loving-gift-giver who never expects anything from us only that we have a mind-ascension type faith; one that’s not based in any works at all?
James 2:17-18 “So also faith, if it does not have works, is dead being by itself. But someone will say, You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith out of my works.”
How Do We Love Him?
- Doesn’t love require actions that exhibit the heart of love within us?
- Would you give rewards and blessings and honor to a disobedient child or one who loves you according to his/her own worldly skewed and self-centered view of love?
Yeshua has said this:
- If you love Me, keep My commandments (John14:15)
- He that has My commandments and keeps them, it is that one who loves Me; and the one that loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and will reveal Myself to him. (John 14:21)
- The one who does not love Me does not keep My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father who sent Me (John 14:24).”
Yeshua (Jesus) is the Word of Elohim (God). So He is definitely His Father’s voice. Therefore He is the commandments of God. To me, that means when Yeshua speaks, His Father is also speaking. They are echad (one). I’m basing my assumption on what Yeshua states in John 14:10, “Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The Words which I speak to you I do not speak from Myself, but the Father who abides in Me, He does the works.” His Father and He are one, thus the words of the Father from the beginning are Yeshua’s.
Also, in the above verses, Yeshua is quite serious about obedience to His word. He equates obedience to his word as the expression of love for Him.
Pray His Will
Note this quote of Yeshua from John15:7, “If you remain in Me, and My Words remain in you, whatever you desire you will ask, and it shall happen to you.”
Okay, let’s take further look at this statement of Yeshua’s. My understanding of this verse tells me that if we remain in Him and His words in us, we get what we ask. This quote is taken from John 15 where Yeshua is giving an analogy of Him being the vine and us being the branches abiding in Him in order to be sustained with life. We, the branches that abide in Him will produce good fruit. Now, putting it into practical terms; when Yeshua and His word abides in us, we should have His desire; our desire should be His will. The fruit that is brought forth comes from our works and prayer, which begets His will on earth. However, if we find ourselves primarily praying for our selfish and fleshly desires to be filled, we are most likely not working or praying in God’s will. Thus, bad fruit comes forth fulfilling the will of the enemy.
I believe when we pray in His spirit , Him in us, we will know exactly what to say and do. In turn, we will also receive what we need according to His knowledge, wisdom, truth, mercy and goodness.
Be led by His spirit that is in you. Let Him lead you to pray His will first. Understand that His will may have something special for you when He deems it so. Trust Him to know what’s best for us.
With this being said, I pray you consider the questions at the beginning of this post. Contemplate your motives. Assess your relationship with the one who gives life to us all, YHVH through Yeshua HaMashiach. Praise Him and only Him. Hallelujah!
Deutoronomy 6:4 “Hear (Sh’ma) O, Israel the LORD our God, the LORD is one (echad). You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart ,with all your soul and with all your might.”
May you find shalom in your passion to know the Eternal One,